Background Image

Extra Curricular

Are you making the most of our school’s full and varied Extended Learning Programme? Extended Learning covers any activity which you participate in outside of curriculum time which promotes and enhances your learning.

Here at The Magna Carta School we recognise the significant impact that learning beyond the classroom has on students’ social and academic development. To support this we offer a fantastic and diverse extra curricular and enrichment programme for all of our students which is in place from 8am in the morning until at least 6pm in the evening. There are currently lots of Extended Learning activities taking place before school, at lunchtimes and after school and over 800 of our students choose to regularly participate in at least one activity a week. The programme of activities ranges from Instrumental Music lessons to Sports, from Art and Pottery to Sailing, from Revision Classes to an opportunity to achieve First Aid, Arts Award and Duke of Edinburgh's Award Qualifications. We boast one of the best Extended Learning programmes in the county and have activities to suit every taste. We also frequently ask students what activities they would like to see in school which has led to the formation of a Thai Boxing Club, Warhammer Club, Youth Alpha and Rock School in recent years.

In addition to these regular activities, throughout the year there are a number of day and evening trips to theatres, subject based field trips and residential trips both in the UK and overseas all of which enhance the students' learning outside of the classroom and school environment.

Extended Learning

Extended Learning Presentation

Performing Arts Clubs