Background Image

Ofsted Parent View

As a school we are committed to engaging you as parents, to ensure your contribution counts in shaping the school's future. At The Magna Carta School we place great emphasis on continually evaluating, and responding to, your views.

As you are aware, the school has made significant progress during the last few years with excellent improvements in behaviour, attendance, progress and achievement (2016 saw the best results in the school's history), with the most recent OFSTED inspection in 2013 resulting in a grading of GOOD, with OUTSTANDING features:

• Students make good progress and this increases rapidly as they mature through the school. As a result, they achieve well.

• Teaching in the majority of lessons is at least good, and improving.

• Students behave well around the school. Their conduct, manners and punctuality are good. They are courteous to adults, welcoming to visitors and respectful of one another.

• Students say they feel safe at school and have a good understanding of how to stay safe.

• The headteacher and the senior leadership team have a clear vision for the direction of the school. Their actions have brought about improvements to standards of teaching and students’ achievement and they have the ambition to take them to the very highest levels.

Clearly, the school, in partnership with parents, wishes to continue these improvements and strives towards 'outstanding' in all areas.

Parent View gives you the chance to tell us what you think about our school. You can give your views by visiting Ofsted Parent View. You will then see the 'Give your views now' icon. Please register and give your views; alternatively, you can follow the link below:

http://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/give-your-views

Thank you in advance for your time.