Background Image

Enrichment Week 2017

We have once again had a very successful Enrichment Week in which staff and students participated in a huge range of activities.

Year 7 students were asked to choose between the Bushcraft Residential and the on-site Around the World Activity, with almost half the year group choosing to take up the challenge of a week in the woods!

Bushcraft News

The choices for Years 8 and 9 were more varied and a staggering number of students opted for residentials, either in the UK or abroad, whilst some chose to stay at home and participate in day visits or on-site activities. In July 2017 we had students travelling to Bay of Naples, Greece, Barcelona, Spain for Watersports, Lake Garda and Venice as well as skiing and boarding at SnowDome in Milton Keynes. There were also day trips to Harry Potter World, Gravity Force, Thorpe Waterski, Wimbledon Watersports Centre, Westway Climbing Centre, Chessington World of Adventures, Marwell Zoo, Kew Gardens, Hampton Court Palace, The Shard, London Eye, Borough Market and many more locations in the UK. On-site students participated in Rock School, Art Masterclass and Masterchef activities.

SnowDome News

Week of Trips News

Planning is already underway for Enrichment Week 2018 and details will be published to students in October. As in previous years, students will be asked to indicate their preferred activities by the beginning of November and then informed of their allocations by the middle of that month. Deposits to secure places on activities will be required by 1st December 2017 and final balance payments by March 2018.

Please contact hclaringbull@magnacarta.surrey.sch.uk for more information.

Miss H Claringbull
Enrichment Week Coordinator